- Accurately moves your workpiece in horizontal and longitudinal for precise positioning
- Case side knobs accurately dial-in. 1mm increments
- Hardened v-grooved jaws hold round shaped objects both vertically and horizontally
- Durable construction with fine grain cast iron castings
- Black oxide coated screw provides the consistent clamping pressure
Designed with precision and functionality in mind, this accessory ensures outstanding performance and easy use which makes it the perfect deal for your ultimate satisfaction.
The legend of Wilton® begins in 1941, when Hugh W. Vogl, a Czech immigrant, founded the vise manufacturing company naming it after the cross street where the original company building was located: Wilton Avenue and Wrightwood Avenue in Chicago, IL
Hugh Vogl designed a 4” vise with a unique patented bullet design known at the time as the 40S Machinist Vise. The fine threaded spindle accurately fits in a horizontal anchored, unbreakable malleable nut. This created an even, central pull, which eliminated dead motion and unnatural strain on the nut. The thread on this vise was completely enclosed keeping it clean from contaminates and well lubricated for years of smooth operation. The steel key built into the base of the main body guides the movable jaw in a precisely broached keyway which is machined to .002” tolerances which eliminate wear and preventing side twist regardless of pressure exerted.